Einstein is reported to have said that if he had an hour to save the world, he would spend fifty-five minutes defining the problem and five minutes thinking about solutions. This course teaches you to think long and hard, straight and sharp, and gets you to apply practical skills in our virtual studio.
Strategy should drive every important decision you make in your job, giving you and your organisation a sense of direction and purpose. Understanding how to create strategies that find and solve problems before your competition will give you business advantages, allowing you to be proactive rather than reactive.
We have curated the most popular classes from the full SCA Portfolio programme and gathered mentors from our network who quite literally wrote the book on strategy. Throughout the course, they will work alongside you to give support and feedback and to ensure you have a unique and immersive learning experience.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course you will have acquired new skills and knowledge which you can apply to your work immediately.
- Understand what creative strategy is, and how it is applied to the creative process.
- Discover many of the tools and hacks that top professionals use to find information that guides their thinking.
- Learn a number of techniques to help determine your creative strategy including:
- Positioning Matrix
- Insights and Opportunities
- Semiotic Research
- Meta narratives
- Brand Positioning
- Learn now to easily spot the difference between a well written brief and a poor one.
- Know where to go to find information that will help to develop strategy.
- Learn how to interpret a brief and properly define a problem.
- Be able to write an inspiring creative brief, and be able to recognise common mistakes made in writing briefs.
How will you learn?
We believe very strongly that learning happens best when you are able to apply new theories, testing ideas, getting feedback from experts, peers and from your own reflections. All our courses combine great, live masterclasses from
Your course runs over four days in our virtual studio, and in Zoom. There will be no more than 30 learners in your cohort, with four top School of Communication Arts Creative Strategy teachers and assistants working alongside you in the virtual studio (1 teacher for every ten students on the course, plus one assistant).
You will get plenty of one-on-one feedback from our teachers and from your classmates. And every masterclass is recorded live, so that you can attend and ask questions, and then rewatch your later to make sure you didn’t miss anything important, or refresh your memory on important conversations.
The course is led by Uri Baruchin, whose career has been split between the early days of the Tel Aviv internet scene to over 20 years of international strategy based in London. Bringing strategy education and mentoring to strategists, creatives and clients has been a passion, quest and obsession – including years of involvement with the WPP fellowship and teaching at the London College of Communications.