Sarecommendations – By @_sarahalliday
By Sara Halliday
Frankly, I found Becky’s SCAB inspiring to the max. Her Becommendations have enhanced my life. Without them I’d be staring at the Netflix menu and listening to the sweet sound of silence. Always one to jump on a bandwagon that I indirectly created myself (I coined the iconic portmanteau), I will be sharing what I like to describe as some Sarecommendations. Future readers and intakes, please feel free to default to this format when you have a SCAB due.
– The Thick of It. Political satire with Peter Capaldi, like The Office but with less breaking of the
- – Class of Mum and Dad. A class of parents go back to Year 6 with a generally grumbly tone.
- – University Challenge Grand Final (Merton vs. St John’s). I am pleased to announce that I got 3
questions right. Truly a proud day.
– Gangsta Granny. Adaptation of a David Walliams book featuring Joanna Lumley as the Queen. Unexpectedly funny.
– Djinn City, Saad Hossain. Magical fiction with a steampunk vibe. Not my usual cup of tea in the
slightest, but it made a welcome change from advertising books.
– Alpes, Pop Brixton. Very newly opened, lots of cheese. 10/10 for giving us free fondue in return
for our hand modelling expertise. Petra was particularly good at the swirling. – This specific recipe: https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/dal-makhani.html
– Kanye West – Lift Yourself. Because when else could you sing the words ‘Poopy-di scoop
Scoop-diddy-whoop Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop Poop-di-scoopty Scoopty-whoop Whoopity- scoop, whoop-poop Poop-diddy, whoop-scoop Poop, poop Scoop-diddy-whoop Whoop- diddy-scoop Whoop-diddy-scoop, poop’?
– Serial Killers. Hilarious for the changes in tone between gruesome discussion of murder and
adverts for ‘super soft blouses’.
– Becky. She’s gr8. – Liam. He’s gr8.
– Harry Baker. A spoken word poet who has pieces on both prime numbers and falafel. A voice of
– This picture of an apartment block in France by Andreas Gursky. I saw his exhibition on my
birthday a couple of weeks ago. Really cool play on perspective. Enjoy, cool cats.