my 6 amendments – By @EloiseAria
my 6 amendments
What a year it has been so far. Coronavirus, wildfires, broken dreams ….
When I think about the last year, so many emotions come to mind; fear, anxiety, passion, love, heartbreak, happiness. When I think about the future, I have the same feelings. I anticipate the future holding the exact same emotion I hold now, in October 2020.
So, why does it feel so abnormal? Coronavirus has changed us. In my perspective, it has made us focus more on ourselves (dwelling, drinking, exercising). In a way, it’s a good thing.
Two years ago, we wouldn’t even focus on ourselves to make sure we were in touch with our feelings, but now, we have too much time on our hands, and we are stuck. We are stuck thinking. Too much thinking, too much time on our hands, too much to do with so little enthusiasm as we live like budgies in cages.
In 2019 I started my new year like any other young adult (and any reasonable adult)- with friends and family, making memories that will last forever. From there it became a life lesson. I learned what not to do, courtesy of myself, friends and family. In my case, do what you want, but know that not everyone will like you for what you will do or the person you will become. In avoidance of sharing my life dramas I will narrow it down:
- Don’t be a dick, no one likes it when you are unnecessarily mean.
- Have courage, life is full of obstacles, be ready for them always, prepare yourself for the worst and you will always be satisfied.
- Be kind. Kindness goes such a long way. There is no reason to be mean, there is no reason to pick on someone, there is no reason to point out someone’s flaws,. Be kind always. Have empathy.
- Accept that lots of shit happens. One day you will be fine, happy, having the time of your life, thriving- the next day you could hear awful news, or something awful will happen. It is the way of life. Accept it. Breathe through it, it is part of your journey.
- Love unconditionally. Always. Love what you do, look to the positive, love who you work for, who you work with, who you work to be. Have a goal. Be that goal.
6. Know you. Accept you. Love you.
The more you know and love yourself (as a person), the more power you have over anyone else. Have confidence in who you are and the world will be your oyster.
The reason why I say this is because the future holds so much uncertainty. Hopefully, this has helped you, or you’ve thought to yourself “the f has this girl gone on about for the past 2 minutes- just wasted my time”. Hopefully that’s not the case.
Now, I anticipate my New Year 2021 celebration becoming that of a manic depressive. A short blonde slurring ABBA songs on her own in her basement, because she’s not allowed to spend time with her own friends. At most, I know that I have comfort in myself, I have comfort in you.
Have courage, Be kind.
Only time will tell what the future has in store for us.
also, wear a mask.